SugaVida™ translates to mean “Sugar of Life” and is 100% pure, unrefined nectar of Borassus flabellifer (Palmyra tree). SugaVida™ is the only superfood sweetener found in nature and the only plant based bio-available source of Vitamin B12, making it essential to any vegan, vegetarian and those lacking Vitamin B12.
Used as an alternative to sugar and other sweeteners in drinks, cooking, baking and anywhere you would normally use sugar, SugaVida can help you and your family achieve optimum wellness in your quest for staying healthy and active.
Traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine (pronounced A-yer-ved-ik, native to the Indian subcontinent is a form of alternative medicine) for over 6000 years in maintaining respiratory, digestive, blood and eye health. SugaVida™ has been known as “sugar for diabetics” in India due to its low glycaemic index of 40, helping support normal insulin functions, as well as the fact that it is only 3% fructose making it far safer for diabetics than agave nectar, rice sugars or any other natural sweeteners out there.
The many ways SugaVida™ may help you.
SugaVida™ is so uniquely versatile, you can use it either as a superfood supplement by having a spoonful on its own or by adding it to your tea, coffee, smoothies, protein shakes and water, transforming your drinks into a nutrient powerhouses.
Or you can use SugaVida™ as an ingredient in cooking and baking as it enhances the flavor of other ingredients – please visit our recipes page for ideas on how to use it.
SugaVida™ is the only plant-based source of bioavailable Vitamin B12 in the world, low GI of 40 and is rich in B Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12) as well as contains iron, potassium, magnesium and other essential minerals vital for maintaining good health and vitality – just one tablespoon of Palmyra contains 36% of your RDA of Vitamin B12, 210% of your RDA of Vitamin B6 (known as a vitality and sex-drive vitamin) and 500% of Vitamin B1!
In addition, SugaVida™ is both alkaline and alkalising, helping you to awaken your leptins which have been known to assist in curbing a person’s propensity to overeat. We have also created a useful chart so you know exactly how wonderful SugaVida™ is to your body and mind.
|Vitamin B1 (mg)
|Vitamin B6 (mg)
|Vitamin B2 (mg)
|Vitamin B3 (mg)
|Vitamin B12 (mcg)
Here are a few tips that we have learned along the way:
- Take a teaspoon of SugaVida™ first thing in the morning, on empty stomach, in a small glass of water and you will find that for the rest of the day, your energy levels are high and stable and that your emotional health may have dramatically improved.
- If you have children who are hyperactive, please give them half-teaspoon of SuagVida™ in a glass of water or milk and watch them transform from little monsters into little angels in no time!
- If you have trouble sleeping, please take a teaspoon of SugaVida™ with a glass of water or milk, 10 minutes before you go to bed and you may find that the next thing you know is that you have woken up, having had a night of restful sleep, and it’s a brand new day.
- Alternatively, just sprinkle SugaVida™ on your cornflakes, oatmeal, yogurt or pancakes in the morning, add it to your salad dressing in the afternoon and use it in your tea or coffee instead of sugar or other sweeteners.
- You may find that after three weeks of using SugaVida™ regularly, your skin has improved dramatically – for more information on improving your skin and general detox, please learn about our award-winning digestive supplement d’mix – and see why the most profitable modelling agency in Europe recommends SugaVida™ to all its top models!
- Some of our customers have found that, after four months of integrating SugaVida™ into their diet, their eyesight has improved dramatically.
SugaVida™ comes from a unique plant in our bio-system: the Borassus flabellifer tree (Palmyra tree).
With a life span of about 100 years, it takes 15 years for each plant to grow before it can begin giving fruit. Incredibly, the Borassus flabellifer trees are self-healing and do not spread infections. This means that there is no need for the use of pesticides or herbicides, giving your body a nourishing product unpolluted by industrial chemicals. Borassus flabellifer is one of three types of palm trees that produce sweet sap – coconut and date palms are the other two.
Not to be confused as coconut palm sugar, Palmyra is far higher in essential vitamins and minerals.
Palmyra also has only 3.1 grams of fructose sugar per 100 grams, unlike coconut palm sugar which has 40 grams of fructose per 100 grams. This explains why Palmyra Jaggery is so good for diabetics.
These trees are never cut down as they provide nourishment, employment and shelter for those who live and work the land. Everything produced by the Borassus flabellifer tree is utilized –
- leafs are used to cover roofs of houses
- fibres of the trees are used in weaving of traditional baskets and as fishing nets (fibres are so strong that the average life-span of a fishing net is 50 years!).
- the wood of dead trees are used as building blocks.
We work directly with farmers’ cooperatives so as to ensure they are paid a fair wage and the community as a whole benefits.
To collect the nectar, our tappers climb the Palmyra trees twice per day, tapping the fruit and collecting its nectar. If they miss this by just one hour, the fruit will self-heal and they will have to wait will another 15 days before being able tap it again without damaging the tree. Each tapper is given 50 trees to look after; with some trees as high as 90 feet, you can appreciate how fit and strong those tappers are. Collecting and making SugaVida is a laborious process that has to be done by hand and cannot be replicated by machine.
Once the nectar has been collected, we use a proprietary and gentle method of heating SugaVida that maximises the nutrients and then powder it – this is all we do to it to ensure that none of its wonderful nutrients are lost.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.